Catalyst:Ed has worked in partnership with the Charter School Growth Fund (CSGF) to provide funding to leaders of color as they worked to combat the effects of COVID-19 and systemic racism on students, staff, and families. Participating leaders advanced programs that focused on 1) addressing mental health and wellbeing due to economic, health, and social impacts of the pandemic and associated recession and 2) creating more equitable and inclusive organizations through network-wide systems and practices.
The session, Leaders of the New School: New Approaches to Schooling in the Pandemic Era, was an opportunity to hear directly from American Indian Academy of Denver, Arizona Autism Charter School, Inc, Resurgence Hall Charter School, and Warren Easton Charter High School, who shared background on the challenges they faced during the pandemic and the school program they have/are launching to address these challenges.
Below you will find more information about the partnership, along with links to artifacts from the participating schools: American Indian Academy of Denver, Arizona Autism Charter School, Inc, Resurgence Hall Charter School, and Warren Easton Charter High School.
Leaders of the New School: New Approaches to Schooling in the Pandemic Era [PDF]
Video Interview with Participating School & Program Leaders
- American Indian Academy of Denver (AIAD)
- An overview of AIAD’s cultural learning programming, properly known as their Immersive Cultural Learning Program – WAKÁŠKA YUZA [PDF]
- Arizona Autism Charter School, Inc (AZACS)
- Current recruitment flyer for AZACS’s online schools describing their Online Academic, Modified and Functional Programs [PDF]
- A brief video that shares what teachers and students are saying about AZACS’s virtual learning program
- Resurgence Hall Charter School
- A proposal from The Wellness Spot, a Black and Women-owned luxury spa and fitness studio, to partner with Resurgence Hall Charter School for their Phoenix 360 Wellness Program [PDF]
- Overview of The Wellness Spot’s program offerings for parents and families participating in Resurgence Hall’s Phoenix 360 Wellness Program [PDF]
- Program description of Dr. Raushannah Johnson-Verwayne’s 8 week Social Emotional Learning program for Educators [PDF]
- Warren Easton Charter High School (WECHS)
- A data tracking tool for WECHS’s Trauma-Informed Practitioners (TIP team members) to monitor overall student progress (academic, behavioral, attendance) and student connectedness to school [PDF]
Services from Catalyst:Ed
Additionally, Catalyst:Ed is available to help you match with a provider from our network of high-impact consultants and technical assistance experts. To schedule a scoping call with us, click the yellow “Get Help for Your Project” button on this page.
You can also subscribe to the Catalyst:Ed newsletter for more resources and insights from expert leaders in education and ways you can get the support you need.