Who We Are
Catalyst:Ed is an innovative and rapidly growing national nonprofit that is unlocking the collective expertise in the sector to help education leaders innovate, excel, and scale.
- Activate: We identify and activate expert technical assistance providers, building and nurturing diverse networks of expert talent that education leaders can tap into.
- Connect: We leverage networks, know-how and technology to connect education leaders with the right expert support.
- Catalyze: We design, develop, and manage Expert Hubs in high-need, high-impact areas (see our DEI Expert Hub)
- Inform: We capture, synthesize, and disseminate critical information to deepen sector knowledge, while fostering greater accountability and a focus on results.
Our team is purpose-driven, innovative and inclusive, with a non-hierarchical and supportive culture where all team members have the opportunity to grow and contribute. Founded and led by a woman of color, Catalyst:Ed is committed to being a space where diversity is valued and all team members are able to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
The K12 Strategic Initiatives team leads several efforts to help networks of grantees grow their capacity in particular content areas. One of our largest projects is an Exchange for grantees in the Gates Foundation’s Networks for School Improvement portfolio. Through this work, we support districts and organizations who are leading networked improvement communities with capacity assessments, project matching services, and thought leadership from our unique viewpoint of working across all of the grantees. In order to share our lessons learned from this project with the field, we recently launched the Learning Lab for School Improvement Teams. The K12 Intern will support the team to expand the reach and impact of this site by analyzing user data to identify and implement innovative ways to increase usage and impact. This role will also support marketing and communications work as we hope to promote this site to new audiences in fall 2021. This person will have the opportunity to get to know a fast-paced remote work environment at an innovative, growing, and equity-focused nonprofit. This position will report to the Strategic Initiatives Director while also working closely with the K12 Associate, Associate Partner, and the broader Catalyst:Ed team.
What You’ll Accomplish in This Role:
Analyze Learning Lab Visitor Data and Develop Outreach Activities
- Review key metrics on a daily basis to identify trends or noteworthy changes
- Synthesize visitor data and prepare visualizations for Catalyst:Ed leaders and funders
- Propose and conduct outreach projects to users or potential users to encourage uptake of tools and lessons from the site
- Identify and implement actionable changes to increase visitors, accounts created, resources accessed, and Blueprints built
Support Marketing and Communications
- Identify new markets that we should consider promoting the Learning Lab to
- Create new materials (e.g. videos, infographics) to help explain how various audiences can utilize the Learning Lab
- Support implementation of marketing and communications campaign
- Connect data changes to marketing efforts to measure the success of the marketing campaign
Who We’re Looking For:
- Attention to detail: You are curious and driven, and you ask questions often, because fully understanding something you are working on is important to you. You are meticulous in your execution.
- Operational excellence: You’re able to strategize, plan, and get things done. You have experience working on projects with multiple work-streams and tight deadlines. You demonstrate attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Interest in systems: You are someone who thinks about how structures and processes impact people, relationships, and interactions. You are invested in designing systems that work well and create a positive impact on the world, and you are looking to learn about what that might mean in the nonprofit/public sector.
- Comfort with technology: You often find yourself picking up new systems and technical ideas faster than others, and are interested in learning more about data architecture, database best practices, automation design, and low-code/no-code platforms.
- Communication skills: You speak and write simply and clearly and are able to convert technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ownership: you take responsibility for your work and it’s outcomes
- Demonstrated work, volunteer, or academic interest in nonprofits, start-ups, operations, or a related field or interest (ed reform, technology, social justice, etc).
- Undergraduate degree required.
- No work experience required, but previous roles or internships in similar fields are a bonus.
Good to Know
- Location: Catalyst:Ed works nationally, with an office in New Orleans. Interns can work remotely.
- Compensation: This is a paid internship position, $15-$20 an hour, an estimated 20-40 hours a week. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Application and Work Exercise Due ASAP
- Qualified candidates will be sent a short work exercise after they apply for the role.
- Priority screening will start August 2nd, and applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
- Internship Start Date September 7, 2021
- Internship End Date December 17, 2021
- Application and Work Exercise Due ASAP
How to apply
Please apply using this link.
Catalyst:Ed has a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.