Open for Applications
Deadline: May 2nd
Catalyst:Ed is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual who is genuinely excited about working in a startup and supporting leaders working to improve educational outcomes for young people in our country. As an Associate on our team, you will be the primary point of contact for organizations seeking consulting support for high-impact initiatives, and for experts providing that support. You will work closely with a team of other Associates to ensure alignment and consistency across our service lines, and you will be directly involved in various internal initiatives for organizational development. The ideal Associate is service-oriented, extremely responsible and reliable, operationally excellent, and has strong analysis and writing skills. While prior content knowledge about the education sector is not required, we are looking for people who have a strong interest in education, and if selected, you will have access to many opportunities to gain experience and build a network of experts and leaders through your work.
Who We Are
Catalyst:Ed is an innovative and rapidly growing national nonprofit that is unlocking the collective expertise in the sector to help education leaders innovate, excel, and scale.
- Activate: We identify and activate expert technical assistance providers, building and nurturing diverse networks of expert talent that education leaders can tap into.
- Connect: We leverage networks, know-how and technology to connect education leaders with the right expert support.
- Catalyze: We design, develop, and manage Expert Hubs in high-need, high-impact areas (see our DEI Expert Hub)
- Inform: We capture, synthesize, and disseminate critical information to deepen sector knowledge, while fostering greater accountability and a focus on results.
Our team is purpose-driven, innovative, and inclusive, with a supportive culture where all team members have the opportunity to grow and contribute. Founded and led by a woman of color, Catalyst:Ed is committed to being a space where diversity is valued and all team members are able to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Provide project management support for high-intensity events (ex. consultant selection for our Expert Network or specific Expert Hubs)
- Learn to use and leverage our application software.
- Track applicants, making sure all of their materials are in for review.
- Field questions from relevant stakeholders and provide timely feedback.
- Provide structure for the process and successfully schedule interviews between multiple parties.
- Assist in review and information capture.
Participate in organizational development
- Collaborate regularly with team members and other Associates, and join topic-focused, cross-cutting teams formed for short-term internal projects or initiatives.
- Take on and/or lead work that you’re passionate about.
Provide support on project matching
- Drive customer success as a point of contact for education leaders who reach out to and engage with Catalyst:Ed for project matching services.
- Provide support to senior team members on needs assessment calls with education leaders by note-taking and drafting initial project scopes.
- Track projects from when they are listed to their completion.
- Follow up with associated tasks on time, from drafting project scopes, to scheduling interviews between the client and experts, to sending reminder emails to make sure the project moves forward in a timely manner
- Review mid-project and post-project feedback from clients and experts and take necessary action
- Act as the point person for experts on projects, answering questions and engaging as needed.
- Collaborate with associated team members to communicate to our clients and experts on time.
Work closely with team members, to provide frontline support for an Exchange or Expert Hub:
- Manage logistics for calls, meetings and other conversations with project funder, including meeting scheduling, supporting preparation, note-taking, and follow-through. Exercise ownership and presence in internal and external meetings by engaging in strategic and operational conversations to add knowledge or share thoughts.
- Develop materials for meetings, events, funders, organizations, and experts in the field. Analyze information from a variety of sources, including online sources, written narrative, surveys, and more, and translate into documentation for case-making or reporting, Draft original content or help review other team member’s first drafts.
- Set up any needed operational processes, or identify solutions to improve them should they already exist.
- Build relationships with network members and share insights with the team that may improve our work and service to the community,
- Support team members on any additional asks.
- (as/if needed) Support development of Exchange or Expert Hub website and manage project plan for completion (with support, depending on your technological knowledge and skills)
Who We’re Looking For:
- Purpose: You believe that societal improvement is possible through collective action and are deeply motivated to be a part of the change.
- Service orientation: You seek ways to be helpful and add value to others. You participate actively in developing relationships, and creating/sustaining a positive culture and work environment.
- Operational excellence: You’re able to plan, execute to plan and get things done. You demonstrate attention to detail and consistent follow-through and see projects through in an enthusiastic, sustained, and reliable fashion.
- Ownership: You’re a highly motivated self-starter, who perseveres in the face of challenges and does everything possible to ensure project success. You manage yourself, and proactively and independently schedule, plan, and execute on your own workflow. You practice clear internal communication and self-advocacy, and are transparent/proactive about your needs and challenges.
- Strong communication skills: You are an excellent listener, communicate effectively and write with clarity to engage multiple stakeholders.
- Growth mindset: You reflect a desire for personal and professional growth and are comfortable learning on the job. You keep an eye out for how systems and processes can be improved. You exercise strong creative problem-solving skills. You’re comfortable with change and ambiguity.
Good to Know
Catalyst:Ed is a high growth, supportive environment for people who are committed to education and social impact work, who learn quickly, and who are able to deliver. We’ll work with you to identify your personal and professional goals and build your strengths to accomplish your objectives.
- This position would likely work out of our home office in New Orleans, LA, which supports a remote team across the country. Despite our distance, we work closely together via video conferencing, regular online collaboration, and relatively frequent in-person meetings (restrictions allowing).
- Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position with full health benefits and retirement. Salary range: $41,000-$53,500 commensurate with experience.
- Start date: as soon as possible, with some flexibility for the right candidate to finish current work.
How to apply
Please follow this link to complete an application. We will review applications on a rolling basis shortly after they are received.
Catalyst:Ed has a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply, particularly folks who identify as people of color, first generation, low income or LGBTQ.