Closed for Review
Catalyst:Ed is looking for an exceptional leader to join our team as Director, Programs. In this role, you will assist with the day-to-day management of one or more Catalyst:Ed Exchanges, manage the launch and delivery of other programs team initiatives (such as the launch of new pilot programming), support innovative incubator initiatives (such as the Arc Collaborative) and work with the leadership team to build a strong foundation for us to sustain and grow our impact.
This position reports to Catalyst:Ed’s Partner for Programs.
Who We Are
Catalyst:Ed is an innovative and rapidly growing national nonprofit that is unlocking the collective expertise in the sector to help education leaders innovate, excel, and scale.
- Activate: We identify and activate expert technical assistance providers, building and nurturing diverse networks of expert talent that education leaders can tap into.
- Connect: We leverage networks, know-how, and technology to connect education leaders with the right expert support.
- Catalyze: We design, develop, and manage Expert Hubs in high-need, high-impact areas (see our DEI Expert Hub and Innovative Learning Expert Hub)
- Inform: We capture, synthesize, and disseminate critical information to deepen sector knowledge while fostering greater accountability and a focus on results.
Our team is purpose-driven, innovative, and inclusive, with a supportive culture where all team members have the opportunity to grow and contribute. Founded and led by a woman of color, Catalyst:Ed is committed to being a space where diversity is valued and all team members are able to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
What You’ll Be Working On:
The Programs Team develops, launches, and oversees customized solutions for education systems and leaders. We focus on overall organization capacity building. Our work includes managing existing solutions while also developing new and innovative ideas to bring value to the education sector and create accessible options for potential partners. (See Exchanges.) Our team is also responsible for managing network health and engagement to ensure that expert providers in our network feel connected and supported in their work with our education partners. (See more about our Provider Network here.)
In this role, you will:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of one or more of the Programs Team Exchanges and Initiatives (NewSchools Venture Fund, Kauffman Foundation, Charter School Growth Fund). Our Exchanges are a service provided for Foundation grantees to help them connect, learn, and access capacity-building support. This might involve the following:
- Conduct consultations with grantees to help them assess their needs, and identify capacity-building projects where they can benefit from expert help; develop project scopes based on each organization’s needs, and; oversee the matching process.
- Provide as-needed advice to grantees and expert providers during the project.
- Capture lessons and ensure accountability through the post-project feedback and reflection process.
- Deliver against plans, with quality, on time, and within budget.
- Continuously connect the dots between people, lessons, and insights to maximize organizational and field-facing learning.
- Manage the development and delivery of new initiatives like Expert Panels and support provider-led programming like the Arc Collaborative:
- Work with leadership, strategic partners, and funders to design innovative and high-impact initiatives that fulfill an unmet need and leverage Catalyst:Ed’s unique model and strengths.
- Provide hands-on, project management support in developing specific aspects of the initiative while ensuring alignment to overall goals.
- Manage initiatives to deliver with quality, on time, and within budget.
- Manage the selection and intake process to source new talent and identify their specific experience and expertise. Collaborate with the team to design improvements to the process.
- Support the Catalyst:Ed team in the development of network engagement initiatives and programming to support providers across the network
- Work with the Catalyst:Ed team to support the overall network engagement strategy
- Facilitate communication between providers and Catalyst:Ed team to understand the needs of providers and education partners, and the opportunities for growth
- Work with team members to generate resources and events to ensure communication, collaboration, and connection among providers
- Be a strong and collaborative team member to help us continue to innovate and grow our organization
- Provide overall guidance, professional development, and support to any direct reports (initially you will not have direct reports but that could change as we grow)
- Work with the team to solve day-to-day concerns, innovate solutions, and design improvements.
- Support the leadership team in creating a vibrant and inclusive team culture, and developing the systems and processes needed to support the work.
Who We’re Looking For:
We urge you to apply if this mostly describes you:
- Operational excellence: You’re able to plan, execute to plan and get things done. You have experience leading complex projects with multiple work-streams and tight deadlines. You demonstrate attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Strategic thinking: You can quickly analyze complex and ambiguous situations and challenges and determine what needs to be done and how. You have deployed this skill across multiple contexts, either in a consulting role (internal or external) or through your leadership experiences in different organizations or teams.
- Service orientation: You seek ways to be helpful and add value to others and know how to build strong relationships. You have experience working with external partners or clients and can quickly establish trust.
- Self-confident integrity: You are grounded in your values and are able to influence others without relying on hierarchy or positional authority.
- Strong communication skills: You communicate effectively and write with clarity.
- Ownership: You’re a highly motivated self-starter and have proven experience bringing projects from concept to completion, persevering in the face of challenges, and doing everything possible to ensure project success
Education and experience:
- 7+ years of professional experience with progressive levels of leadership responsibility
- 3+ years of experience in K-12 educational contexts
- The ideal candidate will have some of these experiences:
- experience with K-12 school-facing support
- experience managing large and complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- experience in a client-facing consulting role, ideally within the education, philanthropy, or nonprofit sector.
Good to Know
- Learn more about the role by watching this video.
- Location: Catalyst:Ed works nationally, with an office in New Orleans. Partners can work from a location of their choosing. Occasional travel (once a month) may be required when travel restrictions and public health standards allow.
- Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position with full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision) and a generous 403(b) plan with up to 5% match. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Salary range: $88,000-$120,000
- Start date: May 2021 (some flexibility for the right candidates)
How to apply
Applications are now closed for review. All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The application closed on April 4, 2021
Catalyst:Ed has a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply, particularly folks who identify as people of color, first-generation, low income, or LGBTQ.