Equity at Catalyst:Ed
Customized supports for Massachusetts schools and systems planning for the 2020-21 school year
The Massachusetts Ready Fund helps public school and system leaders access timely, tailored, and expert support (at no cost to them) as they grapple with new questions in these unprecedented times:
- What plans need to be in place to prepare for summer and the 2020-21 school year amidst uncertainty?
- What instructional approaches are needed to ensure equitable, high-quality learning?
- How might students and families be engaged and cared for as they navigate these tough times?
- What supports do teachers need to adapt to new approaches and technologies?
- How can leaders and educators center equity as they make these decisions?
Tap into the collective expertise of the education ecosystem
With support from the Barr Foundation, Catalyst:Ed is connecting public school and system leaders in Massachusetts with customized, hands-on, and expert support (at no cost to schools) as they plan and prepare to meet the needs of their students, families, and staff over summer and fall.
Catalyst:Ed is a national nonprofit that connects education organizations with expert support for mission-critical work. Its network includes nationally-recognized and expert organizations and individuals with deep experience working with and supporting schools and systems. The Massachusetts Ready Fund builds on Catalyst:Ed’s work and experience across the nation and leverages its network, know-how, process, and infrastructure to ensure schools and systems in Massachusetts receive timely support as they get ready for the coming academic year.
How it works
via the button below. Our team will follow up to understand your needs and scope a project.
to expert providers from the Catalyst:Ed network. You review their proposals and decide whom to work with.
from your chosen provider as you address critical needs and build your team’s capacity.
Schools and systems with 65% or more FRL students and 50% or more students of color are eligible for support. Private schools are not eligible. Please note that this is not a competitive opportunity. Requests for support by eligible entities will be reviewed on a rolling basis..
Areas of Support
Schools and systems can access support in these areas and more:
Student and Family Support and Engagement
Social and Emotional Learning
Technology and Data Systems
Examples of the supports you can request:
- Improving remote learning plans and supporting teachers to implement high-quality remote learning.
- Designing solutions to gauge and increase student access to and engagement with remote learning.
- Creating plans to support and communicate with families during rapidly changing times.
- Developing a plan for identifying, tracking, and meeting the needs of specialized populations.
- Understanding learning gaps in the most important content for each grade level and designing support to meet learning goals.
Questions about eligibility and potential projects? Email us at [email protected]
This funding opportunity is now closed due to an overwhelming response. If you would like to be added to the waitlist, please add your details below:
Catalyst:Ed is a national nonprofit that helps education organizations, including schools and districts, connect with vetted professional service providers for their mission-critical needs. Our mission is to unlock the collective expertise in education to catalyze innovation, improvement, and equity. In the process, we are democratizing access to expertise, amplifying the impact of the sector’s brightest talent, and reimagining how organizations learn and build capacity.
The Catalyst:Ed Provider Network includes mission-aligned organizations and individuals with deep experience working with and supporting schools and systems and relevant expertise. They range from large, nationally known nonprofits and firms to smaller, regional teams that specialize in technical areas and independent consultants.